Friday, April 4, 2008
Free Write
I think people make life way more complicated that it is. It gets so frustrating how everyone on BYU campus is so obsessed with dating and marriage. Don’t get me wrong, I want to get married and I like dating. But it seems that is all everyone thinks and talks about. I think it’s hilarious how there are so many awkward moments on campus when someone is passing by that you used to date or that got your number but never called you. Just today a guy that I went out with a few times saw me and immediately turned in the other direction. How pathetic is that? Just because it doesn’t work out between someone doesn’t mean you can’t be friends or at least civil to each other. People need to lighten up a little and stop worrying so much about the opposite sex. When the time is right it will happen so stop making such a big deal about it. Get out there and make some friends, introduce yourself to someone you don’t know and see what happens. Stop being afraid they’re going to think you want to date them. There are so many people on campus who have the most awesome personalities and who would be such great friends. But people tend to worry so much about dating that they forget about friendship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you stop returning phone calls to this guy or did he just stop calling? I certainly don't feel like saying hello in instances where the girl stops returning phone calls. I see that as the unfriendly way to send a "back-off" message.
Post a Comment