FREE WRITE
It is interesting to know that there are so many people who are quite negative about BYU and its standards. I’ve heard many people talk about how they can’t stand the honor code and they hate the culture etc… What I don’t understand is why they heck are they at BYU if they don’t like it? It’s so frustrating because I know so many people who would love to come to BYU but they just don’t have the opportunity. Why can’t people be more grateful that they actually have the chance to get an education in a good school where there are a few honest people who, if you needed something, would help you in a flash? It’s so weird to me. I grew up in Mexico in one of the most ridiculous education systems in the world. I didn’t learn one thing during high school. The teachers never showed up and when they did we just had class for like 1 hour and then we would spend the rest of the time doing nothing. I literally thought it was impossible to come to BYU because I didn’t think I was capable of taking classes in such an awesome university. But I actually did make it in and I’m so thankful to be here. If people only knew what they had they wouldn’t be so negative about being at BYU.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment