Tuesday, March 25, 2008
FREE WRITE
Last year, the Friday before General Conference, some friends came down from Alaska and we went to this club called Studio 600 for the huge General Conference dance they have every six months. We danced until around 1:30am and then everyone decided to go to Denneys in down town Salt Lake. We got there and had to wait for over 25 minutes until finally we sat down at a table and ordered our food. Right before everyone was finishing up I told my sister we needed to leave because we had to drive back to Provo. So we said good bye to everyone, paid and walked out. As we were approaching my sisters car I noticed a tall man about 6'5 leaning against the car smoking a cigar and three heavier set black women standing on the side of him. As I was getting near the car I wasn't sure if I should ask the man to get off the car or just get in and see what he would do. As I was walking past the women to get in the passenger seat I glanced at the man and then looked at the car. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, one of the lady's reached her arm back as far as she could and then swung it forward and slapped me as hard as she could. I was in such shock i didn't know what to say but as i was trying to come back to my senses she started yelling at me "You B--ch". Don't you be looking at my husband you Mo-Fo.. and then she started trying to beat me up but the ladys on the side of her and her husband held her back. I was so angry and every swear word in the book was flying through my brain but i didn't want to sound as stupid as she did so i yelled back " you are so insecure about yourself, i was not checking out your husband" and i got in the car and cried all the way home. I felt so helpless because I left crying but i knew if i tried to defend myself by hitting her she would've killed me. She was like three times my size. It's a great story to tell now that it's over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment