Sunday, March 2, 2008

Free Write

It’s so weird to think about now but high school was one of the most crazy times of my life. I moved from a little, small three classroom school in Mexico to a school in Minnesota three stories high with 2600 students. I remember my first day of school. I had never felt so scared and lost in my life. The thing that scared me the most was that I was not sure of my abilities to take classes in an American school. I had never been taught in English before and after the first day I realized that I was very far behind the rest of my classmates. For the first two weeks I switched classes like 10 times trying to find the right ones for me. I ended up in classes mostly filled with sophomores although I was a senior which was very humiliating to me but somehow I managed. I felt the same way when I came to BYU. I was so afraid of not being capable of doing well because there were so many things I had never learned. But I did make it through high school and I’m still at BYU on an Academic scholarship which is a testimony to me that even if you’re not the smartest person in the world, if you make a sincere effort to do well you can make it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ashley:

My name i sGlen LeBaron, and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I saw your blog, and I really like it.

Although I live in Canada, my roots are in the US. Did you know that virtually ALL of the LeBaron's in North America are descendents of Dr. Frances LeBaron, who came to Plymouth Mass., from France in the 1600's. There have been several books written about him, and there are good records of his posterity.

On the site www.facebook.com there is a group called "The Family LeBaron", which is for all people that have the surnam LeBaron.

Would you consider going and having a look at it, and hopefully joining it? We'd love to get to know you.

You can also email me at
lebarong@shaw.ca